Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We've got a stubborn little one.....

There wasn't much progress at yesterday's appointment. I still have not dilated and my cervix is still very "high"...ugh!I'm getting a little impatient, but most of all I fear to be induced or even worse to have a c-section. I really want to experience a natural or (vaginal) birth, but I guess in the grand scheme of things that doesn't really matter as long as baby and I are healthy. I'm still coughing like crazy so maybe its for "a reason" that my body is not doing what its supposed to.
I have an appointment next Wednesday, where I'm having an ultrasound done to determine what to do next. If baby is not too big and everything looks fine, she's going to let me go for another week and see if I can go into labor on my own. However, if baby is big we're going to start talking about a c-section.

I'm not overly uncomfortable in fact I'm still sleeping like a baby other than waking up to the bathroom every couple of hours. I'm up and walking with my students all day long and feel fine. The only thing bothering me is my cough-its a little draining because after a while I get a bad headache from straining myself. I feel no aches or pains so I'm not complaining. If I knew I would have an uncomplicated vaginal birth I promise I would remain patient. Its just running out of options that frightens me. I really hope its not in the genes. My mom had to have 3 c-sections because her pelvis bone was not wide enough to have her deliver vaginally- I'm still crossing my fingers this is not my case.
Either way we've done and will be doing everything to make this baby come soon. Some suggestions have been:
1. Have lots of sex- done
2. Eat spicy food- done
3. Walk-done
4. Sorry TMI-nipple stimulation-done

Believe me I will be out and about this Friday-its a full moon. Come on Gabriella, do it for Momma!

No comments: