Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Poem to my Mom

My Incomparable Mother


I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.

I am a mother now, and so I know

Hard work is mixed together with the fun;

You learned that when you raised me long ago.



I think of all the things you gave to me:

Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,

Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--

All these you spent on me throughout the years.



You loved me with a never-failing love

You gave me strength and sweet security,

And then you did the hardest thing of all:

You let me separate and set me free.


Every day, I try my best to be

A mother like the mom you were to me.


By Joanna Fuchs

As a mom I know first hand that it isn't an easy task. My mom however always made it look that way. I am blessed to have been guided with the love that my mother gave to me and hope to be just that to Gabriella. It wasn't until I held my own daughter that I even began to comprehend the meaning of a mother's love. Although Gabriella will always know how much I love her she will not truly understand it until she's a mother of her own. Motherhood is such a beautiful thing and I feel blessed as daughter and now a mother. Happy Mother's Day~

No comments: