Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We've Got a Heartbeat!

We had our first appointment today at 5w4d and got to see our little bean. The Dr. performed a vaginal ultrasound (which by the way was no picnic) to time everything and he put us at 6 weeks, so we'll see...just a couple days off from what I originally had. Anyways our little bean is so tiny, we first saw the heart flickering and then we got to hear it at 108bpm! Nunie says s/he is definitely going to be a runner:) It was the most beautiful music to my ears and it just made everything so much more real. Nunie and I were ecstatic! We go back in two weeks to mark the progress, God willing my little bean is growing strong every day. To feed s/he well we went to Luby's for dinner-yum, since it's next door to the hospital. I had me fried fish, mac and cheese, tators, roll and sweet tea-yeah not so healthy but I treated myself. Oh and it was no luanne platter either!

No comments: