Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day festivities started on Friday at school. This has always been one of my favorite holidays and have very fond memories when I was in grade school. I loved exchanging cards with my classmates and having parties in the classroom. Being a teacher brings so many of those memories back and I enjoy it very much! My kids brought me tons of gifts as they do every year; chocolates, stuffed animals, flowers, cards, chocolate shaped roses, and candy. This is honestly the field to be in if you are single on Valentine's Day- your students will more than make up for it! They got to decorate their Valentine bags to put their cards in and once they finished they exchanged cards. They had a blast! I made them strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and conversation hearts on top.
The staff had the annual "Death by Chocolate" gathering. Everyone basically brings a chocolate desert and share with everyone. We had chocolate donuts, brownies, cakes, cookies, cupcakes, fudge-basically anything chocolate! My co-workers made sure to keep the pregnant woman well fed:) For lunch they hosted lunch for everyone with Good Attendance, yay I was on the list:)

On Saturday morning I went to breakfast at IHOP with Mom and Karina. I had french toast with strawberries and whipped cream on top-yum! We wanted to walk off our food so we hit up babys'r'us. This was the first time I've ever gone with the attempt to "start" looking for potential baby gear-they have tons of stuff. I ordered the Baby Bargains book to begin doing my research on baby gear.

Nunie and I had agreed not to exchange gifts. With the baby coming, I rather put everything into our baby fund than to buy frivolous Tiffany jewelry which I didn't have a problem with before. This is another fact that Motherhood changes your way of thinking little by little. We joined our friends Jose and Melissa Ricky and April and had dinner at PF Chang's.

No comments: