Sunday, August 2, 2009

35/35


Notice the difference in the belly at 17 wks and 35 wks with the same pre-preg shirt on-yikes!



Today is 35/35, a pretty big milestone which means that I'm 35 weeks and have 35 more days to go. It seems surreal that this pregnancy is almost over and we will be meeting our daughter very soon. Her crib is put up and it looks beautiful! We are now waiting on the the accessories-the wooden blinds, window treatments, lamp, and glider but all should be in by next week tops. We've spent this past week doing more things around the house and shopping the rest of the registry which was super fun. We actually went to Target and finished the registry there, but now we need to get a few more things from Babiesrus. I've also been trying to enjoy my last two weeks before going back to work. I've been taking naps and really trying to enjoy them because they will be nonexistent once this baby comes! Today however, we had a pretty productive day. We (or I should say Nunie) but I helped also, painted the doors and trimmings of the house and worked on the yard. It was such a beautiful day, and many won't agree because it wasn't your typical sunny bright day-it was cloudy and a little breezy, but I enjoy that. It reminds me of my favorite season Fall- or Fall in Texas anyway. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy summer for the beaches, vacationing, boating and bbq's but nothing beats Fall. I love the cooler weather and changing leaves, pumpkin patches, football games, sweaters, buying mums for outside decor, eating chili, Halloween and this year will be even better with the arrival of Gabriella-it makes me so anxious!
Speaking of which she's definitely getting bigger and must be running out of room in my belly because I can see her body parts (not sure what) poking out-I think its like her elbow or something, but it feels pretty awesome. We've started playing lullabies from her Fisher Price waterfall peek-a-boo soother we got at our baby shower and she seems to like it, or least we get a response because she starts to kick-very cool. This is definitely some of the things that make pregnancy so amazing and I 'm making sure to cherish every moment of it because I'm going to miss feeling her inside of me once she's here-although I can't wait for that either.

How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 26 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? None so far but yucky linea negra
Sleep: No complaints
Best moment this week: Put her crib up
Movement: Kicks are stronger and see her poking at my belly
Food cravings: Hot fudge sundae brownie from Chilis
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No labor signs, but Braxton Hicks definitely have started
Belly Button in or out? Its as "out" as its going to get I think. I would call it flat
What I miss: Not having a huge belly (although serves a very good purpose:)
Milestones: Her nursery furniture being put up

No comments: