Friday, August 21, 2009

37 Weeks/We've got a full-term baby


Geez, I've really been bad about posting my 37 weeks post:P I started work on Monday and between that and getting things wrapped up for this little one, I've stayed pretty busy! We had our 37 week appointment and I still have not dilated but I'm 70% effaced. At least my body is starting to do its "thing". I hope I can have more progress at next week's appointment.
If I thought I was uncomfortable before, boy did I not have a clue! I'm really uncomfortable now. Not so much sleeping but just getting around and stuff. This past week my feet looked like little elephant's feet-I am not kidding! I guess all the standing up and getting things ready at work did it to me. It was a little painful too.
We finished the birthing and breastfeeding classes and we're both so glad we took them. Nunie proudly tells everyone that he knows "everything" there is to know about breathing techniques and breastfeeding:p We'll just see when he has to put it in practice. My hospital bag is about 75 percent finished...I still have a few more things to add and I finished my birth plan last night.

Nunie and I had went on a dinner/movies "date" before little one arrives and after the movies I had to indulge on a chocolate chip brownie with ice cream from Chilis...perfect night:)

In other news, I finally got a sub to cover my classroom for my maternity leave, which leaves me at ease because we still had not found anyone. I'm meeting my kiddos today and school starts on Monday. I plan to be at work until my water breaks, lol...I just hope it doesn't happen while I'm trying to teach 22 kindergartners!

No comments: