Wednesday, August 12, 2009

36 Weeks







I realize that I've been slacking on my posts and putting my pics up. I will catch up by this weekend. I'm 36 weeks and at our last appointment on Friday baby was not breech anymore. It's inevitable because I feel pressure in my lower stomach from time to time. This makes me very glad because I didn't like the idea of her being breech. We started the breastfeeding classes last Wednesday and our next one is tonight. It was very informative not only to me but they also geared a lot of the information to the partners/spouses as to how to help and be supportive during the first couple of weeks of breastfeeding and throughout. We also started the birthing classes on Sunday and we toured the hospital. We learned different breathing techniques and positions that are beneficial with managing pain during labor.

I've finished washing all her clothes, blankets, and crib set. The nursery is finished and Nunie just needs to put up the window panels and blinds. The nursery came out exactly how I envisioned it. I love spending time in there, organizing her things and such. We got this really neat paper-shade lamp that sets a very calm ambiance and that is exactly what I wanted to create for her. Again I will post pictures soon....I promise.

I started going back to my classroom and have started to set up and decorate. I got everything pretty much done except labeling the kids' tables and cubbies because I don't have a roster yet. Every year I have a theme in the beginning of the year to motivate the students and get them "into" the groove of things. This year my theme is "Wild About Learning". I've decorated the hall and my door with safari-themed animals. The beginning of the year is always exciting! It reminds me that Fall is just around the corner, which by the way they already have Fall decor out at some stores...how exciting!

Last thing...notice that we've taken out the "Elise" from her name badge at the right. We are considering another middle name that her aunt Corrine suggested for her...Corrine any guesses?

How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 29 yikes
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? None so far but yucky linea negra
Sleep: It's ok except getting up a few times during the night for restroom breaks
Best moment this week: Hearing my baby's heartbeat-finding out she turned
Movement: Kicks are stronger
Food cravings: Lemon-filled donut
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Not labor signs, but Braxton Hicks definitely have started
Belly Button in or out? Its as "out" as its going to get I think. i would call it flat
What I miss: Being able to bent over and get our of bed without a problem
Milestones: She turned!!

No comments: