Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October-Miss Gabriella is 2 weeks old












Gabriella had her 2 week check-up earlier this week and boy is she growing! Her current stats are: weight 9lbs 12oz-90th percentile and 22 inches long-95 percentile-yup she's a big girl! Things are getting easier and she's getting better at sleeping at night (of course she still wakes up every 3 hours), however there were a few nights were she would not go to sleep and would spend 4-5 hours awake. She obviously had her days and nights mixed up, but its getting better. She is now drinking 3oz, but sometimes asks for another ounce to fully satisify her. I was worried to be over- feeding her, but her pedi said to just feed her whenenver she asks for it because babies will know when to stop. She is still in her newborn wardrobe but it won't be long before she fits into her 0-3 months. We've starting tummy time and she is liking it more each day. At first she would get fuzzy, but now seems to be getting the hang of things. She is a pretty strong little girl. She tries to lift her head already and has a pretty good grip on our finger.

Another exciting thing is that its October..ahh the start of Fall which by the way I put out all my Fall decor three days after I came home from the Hospital. I've been burning a Fall Yankee Candle-Spice Cupboard and also bought the Febreeze special edition Fall spray that smells delish! Yeah, I'm pretty silly about these things, but you get how much I love Fall. I look forward to going to football games and taking breezy walks with Brie in the afternnon, which we've started this week also. I baked Oatmeal cookies for my neighbors that brought us some gifts for baby and the house smelled so good, can't wait to get creative and bake some more. And last but not least my birthday is in October-in fact 4 more days!! I'm pretty excited, my mom is going to watch Brie while the hubbs and I go for dinner and drinks. Halloween is also around the corner, I need to start planning our Pumpkin Carving Fest! Its going to be so much fun now that Miss Gabriella is here to join us:)

No comments: