Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Layla Grace


I recently came across Layla Grace's blog and it has kept me reading for hours. Its such a sad story that no child nor parent should ever go through. I cannot even fathom what its like to be in their shoes and it just hits home because I have my precious Gabriella. Layla is now battling her final days with cancer that has invaded her precious little body. This angers me to no end, because It's Just Not Fair! Life is Just Not Fair sometimes! No child should ever have to endure the pain that sweet Layla has gone through.

In her short little life she has touched so many lives, and personally has made me realize not to take my beautiful baby for granted. I just want to go hold Gabriella right now, snuggle up with her, kiss her and hug her, and make sure she knows how much I love her; make her laugh and play with her and smell her sweet baby smell. It's situations like Layla Grace's story that reminds me to cherish and never take for granted every single moment I have with my daughter.

I ask that you say a prayer for this family and for Layla Grace. That her final days be peaceful and the suffering gone. Give her family the strength and faith to endure the circumstances and that they will continue to find peace in His name.

Please visit their blog at www.laylagrace.org if you're interested in hleping with a donation.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Oh my gosh I read this whole blog about a week ago. Absolutely HEARTBREAKING. She is now an angel in heaven...

Sad too because I have a pal who works in the (very small) chemo unit at TCH. And we had 2 deaths chronic (ill) patients on our floor just this past weekend :( We can only be comforted in knowing they are no longer in pain.