Wednesday, March 25, 2009

16 Weeks-Avocado- First Belly Pic




Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.




Here I am at 16 weeks!

Wow, already 16 weeks...how exciting! Well a bump is definitely visible as if I woke up one morning and it had grown. I bought some Motherhood, Oh Baby shirts and I've been wearing those with my regular pants and bellaband. I had an appointment on Monday, but unfortunately did not get to see bean. I did however hear my little one's heartbeat at 153 bpm. My OB measured and weight me and said that everything looks great. I've gained 2 lbs thus far. I'm counting down until we can find out the sex of the baby but really enjoying my pregnancy every day!

I told my students the news and they were oh so excited. They had some funny things to say as most 5 year-olds do all the time. They asked if I gotten a baby in my belly over Spring Break. Someone else told me that you have to have a big belly when you have a baby in there. And of course lots of suggestions on baby names. Oh and the girls think it will be a girl, we'll see.

I'm really having vacation withdrawals because by this time we usually would have our summer beach vacation planned. We really wanted to do a "babymoon" but by the time the school year ends I'll already be in the third trimester and my doctor does not recommend it. So, I'm going to have to settle on going to Austin for a few days and maybe going to a spa. I dream of laying out on a white sandy beach with an umbrella cocktail and good book listening to the ocean...a girl can only dream! We are however already thinking about our summer trip for next year with little. Maybe the Bahamas or Dominican Republic, ahhh..take me there now!!

No comments: