Thursday, April 16, 2009

19 Weeks-Mango



Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large mango. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Our little girl is the size of a mango-yum! This past week was a very "big" week for us because we were able to find out that bean is a girl. I had a big growth spurt between the last time I went to the doctor and this past appointment gaining 7lbs.-yikes! That's kind of scary but my doctor assured me I was on target and since I hadn't gain but 2lbs all the way up to 16 weeks it was necessary for baby. Total gain weight by 20 weeks should be 10lbs so all I can gain this week is 1lb.

We plan to go register this weekend because I'm having my work shower in a few weeks. I've been doing a lot of research on baby gear so the fun part is left to do-pick out colors and styles.

We have one final name in mind and we should reveal it very soon.....stay tuned!
Here's my 19 week picture

No comments: