Wednesday, April 22, 2009

20 Weeks- Cantaloupe



Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

We are officially at our half way mark today! Twenty more weeks and our baby girl will be here.This also means I should start feeling more movement. I'm looking forward to feeling this little one more often. We weren't able to go register because the weather was horrible on Saturday so that is still pending, but we've chosen the baby bedding. I've loved this set since I first saw it, but kept shopping around to see if maybe I would find something else I would like better. Nothing else has caught my eye like this Glenna Jean collection.

It has various hues of pinks, tans, cremes, and browns-just lovely. They sell the set or in separate pieces which I'm considering doing because I would prefer to get the breathable bumper since its recommended.

Since I hit my 20 week mark, I will be signing up for prenatal yoga at the Motherhood Center in the heights. I've heard and read great things about practicing yoga during pregnancy. It's very beneficial since it focuses on building strength, confidence, and stamina while addressing many of the common aches and pains of pregnancy. They also have Mommy and Baby yoga that you can practice with your little one. It helps bond with baby while you get rid of the extra baby pounds. It sounds like so much fun to be able to exercise with little!


At 20 Weeks-half way!


The day we got our postive preg. test!


I have also added this that I will be updating every week.
How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 10lbs
Maternity clothes? Just shirts. I'm still wearing my regular pants with my bella band.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Pretty good. I wake up once to go to the bathroom.
Best moment this week: Reached my 20 week mark
Movement: A little here and there...
Food cravings: Pineapple(still!)and frosted flakes
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Nice fitted shirts
What I am looking forward to: Going to register and feeling baby kick more
Milestones: Reaching half-way mark

No comments: