Wednesday, April 29, 2009

21 Weeks-Banana


Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

Another week gone! In pregnancy news Nunie and I went to babiesrus on Friday after satisfying my craving to Olive Garden. We didn't go register but we wanted to check out a few things and decide on them. We had narrowed it down to two travel systems and decided on the Chicco Cortina Keyfit 30-Adventure.


It has excellent reviews by Baby Bargains and its great on safety according to consumer reports. To top it off it drives so smooth and the handles are adjustable. This was another main reason why Nunie loved it after pushing it around the store, is because since he's tall it fits great. They only carry the carseat up to 22lbs at babiesrus and we want the carseat that goes up to 30lbs so we have to order it online through the manufacture. Mom offered to buy this for us!

Mom and I went to Target and registered for my upcoming baby shower at work. It was pretty fun and not overwhelming at all, (like I had heard) because I had thankfully done all my homework. So it wasn't at all like I would have thought to be like before-pick whatever looks cute and scan it. Umm no, I'm much rather interested in the safety features and reviews on the product than the cuteness. Funny I know but I guess the motherly instinct is kicking in- I want the best for my child. Overall it was very fun picking out the baby's cute outfits, headbands, and fuzzy blankets. Everything is feeling a little more real every day.





How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 12lbs
Maternity clothes? Just shirts. I'm still wearing my regular pants with my bella band.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Pretty good. I wake up once to go to the bathroom.
Best moment this week: Registered for baby
Movement: A little here and there especially when I'm lying down
Food cravings: Olive Garden...yum, yum, yum
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In and very shallow
What I miss: A cocktail-especially a pina colada
What I am looking forward to: Starting to paint the room
Milestones: Choosing baby gear and imagining her in it

No comments: