Wednesday, April 15, 2009

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.........









We're having a GIRL! We couldn't be happier to be having a little princess. Everything went well at the appointment and baby cooperated with us. She's an active little one, but the tech was able to get all her measurements. Everything is measuring well, actually she's measuring a little big so my due date may get moved up a couple of days.
They took me in first to be able to get all the measurements my doctor requests-the heart, legs, arms,head, and other organs. The tech asked me if I wanted to know the sex now or wait for my husband, I said I would wait. Once they finished with all measurements they called my mom and Nunie. The tech showed us as she was moving her little arms. She had them mostly up by her little head. She then said "We've got a little girl" without any warning. Mom squealed and Nunie and I were speechless. I was in shock for a moment and it made everything that much more real. I started to cry because I was so overjoyed. I felt a sudden bond for the first time seeing my little girl.

We went to dinner with my aunt, cousins, parents, and sister. The baby already received two beautiful pink onesies and Nunie came home with a "princess" plaque for her room-lucky girl!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OMG!! Congrats Karla! I'm really happy for the both of you. She's going to be a spoiled little princess, that's for sure :)