Monday, November 16, 2009

First day at work/daycare

Just a quick post before I go to bed. Today was my first day back at work, and Gabriella's first day in daycare. Nunie and I decided to take her together so he followed us there to help me get her situated. (It reminded me of my students' parents taking them to class the first day of school). We took her sheets and blankets from home, her favorite crib musical toy, change of clothes etc. Everything to help her feel more at home. It may be a little over the top, but I slept with her sheets because babies get soothed my smelling their mothers. I read this in an article, so hey I did it!

I really thought it was going to be harder, although I missed her terribly and would give anything to be at home with her I didn't cry. I got to work, had a great day, and realized how much I enjoy my career. So being a mommy and having a career is possible, and since I don't have a choice at the time I might as well make the best out of it:P
One thing that gives me a huge peace of mind is that the daycare has cameras where I can access her room at all times, so I have her up in my computer screen all day. It won't be too bad this week, we go to school/daycare this week and then we're off the next for Thanksgiving vacation, how awesome is that?

One last thing, Gabriella has slept through the night for 3 days in a row. She's been going to bed at 9pm until 5am. I of course don't want to make a huge fiasco about it because I may just jinx myself, but I have to brag on my sweet girl....ahh she's perfect:)

No comments: