Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gabriella is 2 Months Old!





Girls Day Out



My sweet girl is 2 Months old today! We visited Gabriella's doctor, Dr. Filak on Thursday and she said Gabriella is growing beautifully! She's such a healthy girl and a little social butterfly. She had her 2 Month vaccines and she was such a trooper, she actually did better than I thought! I couldn't handle to watch her getting poked, so after Dr. Filak examined her I had to escape! Nunie stayed in with her and I heard her cry from the hallway:( When the nurse finished I went back in, and since it was her feeding time I fed her and she was all better! She ended up sleeping for about 4 hours, all while we shopped at the Galleria. I'm telling you she did great-not fussy, cranky-nada (just a little sleepy)!


Gabriella's 2 month stats:
Weight: 13 lbs 2oz (95th percentile)
Length: 22 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Eating: 4oz every 3-4 hours
Clothing size: 0-3m or 3m
Diapers size: size 1 or 1-2 (Pampers Swaddlers)
Sleeping: last bottle around 7:30pm bedtime 8pm. Sleeps 3-4 hour stretches
Activities / Milestones: smiling, laughing, shrieking, reaching for objects, pushing up on arms to left head and chest; she holds her head up pretty good; she will turn to look for sounds that she hears
Here are pictures from her 2 month old photo shoot by Mommy & Daddy!


Gabriella is cooing and "baby talking" a lot more these days. She kicks and moves her arms while she shrieks...it's actually pretty funny.She's very observant of her surroundings. Last weekend we took her to an Aeros game. We're not big hockey fans, but it was Military Appreciation Day and we were invited by some friends, so we decided to go. Gabriella was looking around being very curious, and then she fell asleep once her usual bedtime came around. I also took her shopping by myself this past week. Although I thought this was going to keep me from shopping, I was still able to buy the gifts I needed. Another thing we did recently was buy Miss G's Christmas tree. You know those great marketing strategies(Christmas music playing) get me everytime. I must admit, I'm a big sucker for Christmas, what can I say? So we got her tree and a few ornaments. I'm waiting until they go on sale at Garden Ridge, I'm always up for a bargain! I love decorating my house for Christmas, its going to be even funner with her here. I've already warned Nunie that we have to go all out since its Gabriella's 1st Christmas!

I think I spoke to soon about her growing out of her clothes so quickly, she must have gone through another growth spurt because her 0-3 month clothes are fitting her short. So, although they fit her just fine (weight wise) the little pants fit her like capris, ha! I on the other hand have 7 more pounds to loose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I saw my doctor yesterday and I got the ok to fully excerise with no restrictions. I need to tone up before this summer- cause I'm ready for a vacay with Miss G!

8 weeks






Going shopping in Pearland

Giving daddy the "look"

I think she looks beautiful even when she cries, ha!

Going to Nana's

Daddy using the Baby Bjorn for the first time at the Aeros game

Daddy, our favorite Marine

2 comments:

The DougFish said...

So this is random: our doctor's work in the same practice! We see Dr. Alley at Fannin Pediatrics. (Tall blonde curly haired guy with glasses). Maybe we'll see you there one day!

p.s. Its awesome that she's smiling already. I especially love the face she's making in the pic right before the ones of you together.

Shandell said...

what a cutie!