Sunday, December 6, 2009

As promised- Our Christmas decor

Here is our house adorned with our Christmas decor. Our fireplace and traditional family tree did not change much from last year other than an addition of Gabriella's stocking. Traditions are very important to me, Nunie and I started some even before kids but we always knew we wanted to incorporate them in their lives one day. One of our Christmas traditions is that we exchange ornaments with a representation of something that happened that year. For instance last year I got him a boat ornament since we got our boat that year, others are a vacation we took, or a special event that marked our lives. Here are some of our favorite ornaments we have acquired so far.
















This is Gabriella's Christmas tree and ornaments














And now I leave you'll with some pictures of our "little candy cane"







5 comments:

The DougFish said...

Your traditions are awesome! I'm a sucker for ornaments.... I love personalcreations.com. They had a prego one I bought for Doug and I last year. I got him a "Surfer Dude" too. Your theme is too cute this year. A pal of mine bakes, and she was able to find a Chocolate Covered Strawberry ornament. Now that was pretty creative. Your house looks so decorative and nice! :o)

Mrs. C said...

Yeah I love personalcreations.com also. Last year I got my mother-in-law a cookie platter with all her grandkids' names minus ours because we didn't have any. I did see the chocolate covered strawberry ornament-very cute. I wanted something that could grow with her because those suckers aren't cheap, lol.
Thanks for your compliments, I enjoy the holidays very much:)

Care said...

The tree is beautiful. I really love that your daughter got her own tree! How sweet. I saw your comment on my blog, so I wanted to respond:

I use a DSLR, a Sony A350 to be exact. I have several lenses. My favorite is my 50mm lens (which is what I used for the pics of Addie). I also have a 24-105, a 70-210, a 100-300, and the 18-70 kit + speedlight.

I really think that you cant go wrong with a DSLR if you get a good lens. :)

The DougFish said...

I got the cookie platter ornament for my Abuelito last year! And for Doug's grandmas. How funny. Are you looking to get new camera lenses...I have no idea how to use my camera. Ugh. :-/

Mrs. C said...

Yes I want to get some new lenses for my camera. We purchased our Nikon D60 last year for our Hawaii trip and I love it. It has been one of the best investments we've made thus far, so I can imagine how awesome your D90 is. All I can say is "mess" with it and the more you use it the more you'll learn. Take advantage of the classes that came with your gift!