Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 22- Papaya



Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.
Apparently the weekly fruit updates will only be given from a month-to-month basis from now on. Anyhow I am 22 weeks so about 5 1/2 months and growing each day. I ordered a ton of maternity clothes from Old Navy and Gap online and finally got my order in yesterday. I was so excited! As you can see in my 22 week pic, I am definitely looking pregnant and I guess my shirt played it up a little more because everyone at school was oohing and awwing about my maternity clothes, how I'm showing a lot now, and how I was wearing pink yada yada yada....
It's funny how different people treat you when you're pregnant or "look" pregnant. I went Mother's Day Shopping this evening and I had a man go out of his way to open the door for me, a lady who stopped in the middle of the road just to let me go by as I was walking to my car, and this man picked up a card when I dropped it at Hallmark. Maybe it's just me thinking it, but people are usually not that nice. I hope they don't feel sorry for me, I feel great and geez I'm only going to get bigger! Oh well, I guess I better take advantage while I can.

Nunie felt the baby for the first time this past week. He had just finished "talking" to her as he frequently does and he had his hand on my stomach. This little girl started packing those punches. Baby and I have been very well fed lately as Nunie has been grilling out for the past couple of evenings. We've had rib eye steaks twice and Hawaiian sirloin hamburgers with pineapple-yum, so plenty of protein for this baby and me.
Well here's my 22 week picture. I told you my boobs are getting huge!





22.6 Weeks

How far along? 22weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 13
Maternity clothes? Yes, finally. I'm very excited and comfortable
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Ok, I've been getting back pains
Best moment this week: Nunie feeling Baby
Movement: A lot, she moves all through the day and right before I go to bed
Food cravings: Popcorn and dill pickes
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In and very shallow
What I miss: Fitting into my 2 piece
What I am looking forward to: Ordering her crib
Milestones: Nunie felt Baby

No comments: