Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 in Review

January We had our very first Dr's appointment and heard "bean's" heartbeat. We also celebrated hubb's 28th birthday and shared the news that we were expecting with our family.

February Morning sickness kicked in and I became a couch potato after work. I was so tired, I became to love naps even more. Celebrated Valentine's Day at Pf Chang's with Jose and Melissa.

March Spring break came around and we started clearing the guest room for "bean". My baby bump appeared during my 16th week of pregnancy. My grandma came to visit and we celebrated Karina's 19th birthday.

April We had our big ultrasound and found out "bean" was a girl. Soon we started deciding on a name and room decor.

May I celebrated my first Mother's Day even though I technically wasn't a Mom yet. Nunie and my family decided to celebrated me also! I had my first baby shower at work.

June I was off for summer vacation after the first week of June. We ordered the baby's furniture. We also celebrated Nunie for Father's Day.

July I had my big baby shower hosted by my Mom and MIL. The wood floors were put in and the room was just about completed. We spent the Fourth of July at the lake house in Conroe, swimming and relaxing.

August I started visiting the Dr. every 2 weeks. Karen came in town since Mom turned 50 and we had a bash for her. Nunie started the Fall semester full-time. I went back to work and I was feeling more miserable by the minute. Did I mention I was huge?

September I was so ready to have Gabriella but she had different plans. She was born 1 week overdue via c-section. We became first time parents, yay! Excited, hormonal, and sleep deprived but loving being a mom every minute of it.

October I turned 28(gulp). With a newborn at home we didn't do much but we got awesome news the day before on Oct 4th.(I will share the news later on)One hint-we're moving. Gabriella celebrated her first holiday(Halloween) and we had our annual Pumpkin Carving Party.

November Maternity leave came to an end and Gabriella started daycare. Thanksgiving was great as always.

December Baking, shopping, wrapping, and decorating soon filled up my schedule along with taking care of a busy baby. The holidays were so sweet with Gabriella being a part of them. After all, Christmas is for kids and now we had one to celebrate. Karen came in from Cali and we did the usual hang out at my mom's, go shopping, and went to the movies. We brought in the new year quite different than other years-just the three of us. We attended the Navy vs. Missouri college game and decided to bring in the new year at home.

This year is one that I will never forget. My daughter was born and many special moments occurred this year. I will never forget all the "firsts" that I have experienced in 2009 and look forward to what 2010 has in store for my family and me. I pray for health, prosperity, and peace. Cheers to a new decade!

No comments: