Friday, January 15, 2010

Gabriella's 4 months appointment....

Let me just say that I'm so proud of Nunie for taking Gabriella to the doctor all on his own today.He's so great with her! I was a little sad that I couldn't be there, but I knew she was in good hands. Best of all, Nunie called and said she didn't even cry-AT ALL! That's amazing. She cried a little at her 2 months shots but I was sure she would cry, scream, and be mad this time around, but I guess mommy was wrong. Gabriella is such a big girl, it makes me so proud. Nunie said that she moaned a little after her third shot but he gave her her bottle and she was content...that always seems to do the trick.

We had several questions for Dr. Filak, one being on when to start solids. I've been reading a lot on it and basically we are in no hurry. We would like to let Gabriella take the lead and let us know when she is ready(developmentally). Dr. Filak agreed with us, so that is what we'll do. We don't think she is quite ready yet as she has shown no signs but that can always change since she grows so quickly. I plan on making her baby food like my mom did for me, so that will be exciting.

Gabriella had also been sleeping in our room in her pack-n-play, and it's time to make that transition. We're starting this weekend, so please pray that she cooperates and is content sleeping in her beautiful room. Dr. Filak mentioned that at 4 months babies start to acquire the skills that will affect them as they get older, sleeping in their own room for example. It's probably going to be harder on us than on Miss G-keeping fingers crossed.....

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: