Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy February...

First of all let me say that I did not type all of these posts today. I had them as drafts, and published them today but for some reason they no longer show the date from when I started them.Anyone know why? I guess it must be this updated version of blogger-who knows.

Now that I got that out of the way-Happy February! You know what that means, right? Valentine's day (yes we celebrate Hallmark holidays) how can I not being a teacher? I must admit, we would celebrate V-day even if teaching wasn't my profession. Delicious desserts, tons of chocolate, romantic movies, mushy cards-we do it all! This year though Hubbs is planning a little getaway for Valentine's weekend.Yup he's doing it all by himself. I'm pretty proud of him because I'm always in charge of planning our trips. Although this won't be a huge trip because we're only driving north a couple of hours to a cute little town called Fredricksburg, its still huge for him. That's all I know-we're going to Fredricksburg and staying at a bed and breakfast. I'm excited! We've never stayed at a B&B, we're more of the 4-5 star nice hotel type of people, but I'm willing to try anything once. Before I tell you I'm completely proud of him for putting this trip together, let me first see how it all turns out then I'll brag about him some more, wink I know he'll do a good job. I'll be happy nevertheless.Yay 12 days to go! Oh and Miss G will be staying at grandma's.

1 comment:

Dalia (Generation X Mom) said...

Too funny, I always plan the trips too. What a nice surprise. I would be completely shocked if that happened here. Have fun! Found you on MBC.