Thursday, February 25, 2010

Has it really been 10 years?

Yesterday I got a message on facebok about organizing our ten-year high school reunion and it hit me. Wow, has it really been 10 years, holy sh_t! I can remember my senior year in high school like it was yesterday and honestly I don't feel that old. That could be a good thing or it could be that I'm in denial, ha. But really, it doesn't feel like we were at prom 10 years ago. It doesn't feel like 10 years ago I was 18 and now 28 but that is the reality of it.
I'm excited to attend our high school reunion to see what people are up to, see who they married, how they look, how many children they have..etc. First of all I would never in a million years imagine that I would marry my husband. We were friends since our sophmore year, he flirted and asked if I had broken up with my high school sweatheart boyfriend every.single.time he saw me and even asked me to prom (joking/flirting) but that is it. He was never my type, (or so I thought cause we'll make 5 years of marriage in June), funny for sure.
So I'm excited. I get a second chance to go to another "prom" but this time with my husband and I'll be able to stay out all night without a curfew:) We'll see old friends and reminisce-its going to be so much fun! But has it really been 10 years already?

2 comments:

Care said...

That is so cute that your husband asked you out all the time. I guess you finally said yes! How fun. Crazy how fast 10 years goes by. My husbands high school reunion should be coming up too. Not sure if we will go. I'm the social one and we'd have to fly. Can't wait for my 10 yr! I was one of those crazies that like highschool! You know what is even scarier? Thinking 10 years in the future and knowing how fast it will fly by. Yikes!

Mrs. C said...

Ha, yeah I finally said yes a year after we graduated. I had broken up with said person and hubby found out where I worked and sent flowers for my birthday (2001), sweet huh?
I actually enjoyed high school very much also. I was pretty involved so that made it much funner. And it absolutley boggles my mind that in another 10 years I'll be close to 40, that is scary!!