Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Putting it into action

Remember how I committed to simplifying my life? Well along with other things that I've done, one that stands out for me is taking back my Valentine's gift hubbs bought for me. And yes he's aware of it, as matter of fact I made him take it back. Let me first say that hubbs is a great gift giver. Since the days we were dating he would go into Victoria's Secret and pick out nice lingerie for me. He has always been pretty creative and generous with his gifts, like my pearl and diamond Mikimoto earings he bought one year. Even when he was deployed he would order stuff online and always  sent me gifts for the ocassions. Over the years I've collected quite a few little blue boxes-Tiffany boxes, that is.

Well since Valentine's Day is approaching, I told him that this year would be different. I told him that I would like to simplify my life and well that I didn't feel like I needed anything. I am perfectly content and happy with my life and a gift would not make a difference (of course I won't deny a box of chocolates or  a bottle of wine). However he had already bought yet another Tiffany gift online and it was on its way. I also told him his creative gift giving skills were diminishing, ha! So after a million "are you sures" we sent it back once the gift arrived. I truly appreciate the thought he put into it, especially because it was something  with the "G" on it for Gabriella's name. We do still have a nice weekend planned, I'm really looking forward to that!

3 comments:

ThinkFeminist said...

This is Blessing Oyeleye following you from MBC/FFF.

You can follow my blog at www.safehomehappymom.com

Care said...

I am impressed that he has sent you gifts every year and Tiffany's no less! I have never gotten anything from Tiffany's. Fancy fancy.

I am like you, I'd have felt bad returning it, but at the end of the day, having a nice relaxing weekend with your family is just as good (if not better) as a little blue box :). Good choice!

Mrs. C said...

Carolyn-
Yeah you're right, the little things are what counts. We did wait about 3 years to have any kids so we had "extra" room for expenditures. And don't get me wrong I have a lot of stuff from Tiffany's but its from the silver dept, ha! Although its beautiful we would never be able to afford the real diamonds and all from there. Have a great weekend and thanks for checking out my blog:)