Monday, February 1, 2010

First night in her crib

So we decided last night (Friday night) would be the night. The night Gabriella would sleep in her "big girl" bed (crib) for the first time. We had planned to start this as soon as she hit 4 months, but I kept coming up with every excuse. So after I made hubbs check all the fire detectors, windows, monitor, and the lightning (crazy I know), I figured it was time. So we did our usual routine-bath, bottle, book, rock to sleep; and she was out. Instead of taking her to the bassinet (pnp) in our room I took her to her crib, and once I layed her down she stayed sleeping. Wow! I imagined that once I laid her down she was going to holler and scream. Not that my baby is known to do this, but I had just imagined that's the way the night would play out-I was wrong. Complete opposiste-she laid there peacefully while she slept. My girl is sleeping in her big girl crib-awesome!
So the dogs were asleep and Gabriella was in her own room. Since we moved into our house we've always shared our room with the dogs, and once Gabriella came she took over their spot. Now we didn't have to whisper, or ahem be quiet while doing our deeds or better yet go into another room. We could jump up and down on our bed if we wanted to. Ok kidding:) .Hubbs and I didn't know what to do!  We of course kept trying to listen into the monitor, and hubbs was getting a kick out of it. He kept going into Gabriella's room (to check on her) and would whisper dumb stuff into the monitor-so like him by the way, such a kid), lol! So we stayed up watching Kings of Queens, like we used to in our pre-baby days, ate popcorn, and laughed out loud. All until midnight when Miss G decided  she would wake up, bummer! So yeah she woke up at midnight, and again at 2am, and again 4am. Yup she woke up every 2 hours-worst than when she was a newborn. The way I see it is, I would feel a little awkward sleeping in a big lonely room for the first time all by myself. And yes, I am totally giving her the benefit of the doubt. We will try again tomorrow and hopefully she will get acustomed to it soon, very very soon..

1 comment:

karenmoreno said...

Hahahaha!! i can soooo picture Nunie whispering things into the monitor. He cracks me up!!

-Karen